- The trinity is latent in See N1 to Ge. 1.1,p3 “Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”(Elohim (sometimes El or Elah), English form “God,” the first of the three primary names of Deity, is a uni-plural noun formed from El=strength, or the strong one, and Alah, to swear, to bind oneself by an oath, so implying faithfulness. This uni-plurality implied in the name is directly asserted in Ge 1:26 (plurality), Ge 1:27 (unity) see also Ge 3:22. The Trinity is latent in Elohim. As meaning primarily the Strong One it is fitly used in the first chapter of Genesis. Used in the OT about 2500 times. Cmt. on Ge 2:4 Ge 2:7 Cmt. on Ge 14:18 Cmt. on Ge 15:2 Cmt. on Ge 17:1 Cmt. on Ge 21:33 Cmt. on 1Sa 1:3).
- N2 p997 to Mt. 3.16 “Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:” (For the first time the Trinity, foreshadowed in many ways in the O.T., is fully manifested. The Spirit descends upon the Son, and at the same moment the Father’s voice is heard from heaven.)
- N2 to Mt. 28.19, p 1044 “The word is in the singular, the ‘name,’ not names. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is the final name of the one true God. It affirms: (1) That God is one. (2) That He subsists in a personality which is threefold, indicated by relationship as Father and Son; by a mode of being as Spirit; and by the different parts taken by the Godhead in manifestation and in the work of redemption, e.g. Joh 3:5-6, (Spirit), Joh 3:16-17 (Father and Son). In Mt 3:16-17; Mr 1:10-11; Lu 3:21-22 the three persons are in manifestation together. (3) The conjunction in one name of the Three affirms equality and oneness of substance. See O.T. Names of God: on Ge 1:1 Cmt. on Ge 2:4 Cmt. on Ge 14:18 Cmt. on Ge 15:2 Cmt. on Ge 17:1 Cmt. on Ge 21:33 Cmt. on 1Sa 1:3 The next reference, Mal 3:18, provides a Summary. Cmt. on Mal 3:18. See “Lord” Cmt. on Mt 8:2 “Word” (Logos), Cmt. on Joh 1:1 ‘Holy Spirit,’ Cmt. on Ac 2:4 See ‘Christ, Deity of,’ Cmt. on Joh 20:28.”
- N1 p1270- to 1 Thes. 5.23. Man a trinity. Body, soul, spirit.
- It is interesting to consider Rev. 3.21 (Revelation 3:21 “To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.”) with Re. 4 and Re. 5. The Father is sitting on the throne, but so is Jesus. Re. 5.1 says “him” that sat on the throne. Revelation 5:1 “And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.” 1 John 5:7 “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” John 14:9 “Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?” Jesus is in the midst of the throne and came forth and took the book out or the right hand of him that sat on the throne: “Revelation 5:5-7 “And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.” So there is one on the throne, but there are three on the throne. One on the throne came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat on the throne.
- [The following was from a Facebook comment] NOW LET’S LOOK AT SOME OTHER PASSAGES THAT CLEARLY REVEAL THE TRINITY IN THE BIBLE. The Lord Jesus Christ gave us a command in how to baptize believers. Please note the following carefully. Remember! Every word is important.
*** “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the NAME of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” (Matthew 28:19). Did you note that the above verse said, “in the NAME” (singular) NOT in the NAMES of … (plural)? The reason the writer of Matthew said “NAME” and not NAMES is because he knew that God was a TRI-UNITY and not three separate people or things. Go back and read the verse again. And this time note clearly every word that is used, and not what you just thought was there.
*** Many modern perversions (including the New World Translation) omit the following verse which clearly reveals God as a Trinity. Yet, from the clear statements above it is obvious that the Trinity should be there just as the Kind James Bible presents it. “For there are THREE that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and THESE THREE ARE ONE” (1 John 5:7). As a matter of fact, many perverted bibles omit this verse and say that it should not be there. However, according to other verses in the Bible there is NO CONTRADICTION or misuse of scripture by the King James translators. The modern versions are WRONG including the New World Translation. The TRINITY (TRI-UNITY) is a Bible doctrine and God clearly reveals this in His word.
NOTE ALSO THE FOLLOWING PASSAGES OF SCRIPTURE
DEALING WITH THE TRINITY
*** FATHER – SON – HOLY GHOST. And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. (Luke 3:22)
*** THE “WORD” IS MENTIONED THREE TIMES: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” (John 1:1).”
*** SPIRIT MENTIONED THREE TIMES: HOLY SPIRIT – SPIRIT OF GOD – SPIRIT OF CHRIST:
“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his” (Rom 8:9).
*** THE GOD HEAD
“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen” (2 Cor 13:14).
*** TRINITY – FATHER, SON, HOLY GHOST
“Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary”(Isa 40:28)?
“Thus saith thy Lord the LORD, and thy God that pleadeth the cause of his people:(Isa 51:22)
“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost,be with you all. Amen” (2 Corinthians 13:14)”