Give as many Bible verses (where appropriate), comments, and explanations as you can to support your answers.
Click here to go to “Apostasy at the end of the church age“
- To which church was the Lord speaking in Re. 3.15-19 when he says:
“I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.”
- The Bible shows that at the end of the church age, the Lord will be outside the ______________ church (Re. 3.20). Nonetheless, He will still be there for the _________________, just as He, while on earth as the second _________, still appealed to the _____________ after the nation _____________ rejected His rule over the _____________: “If any man will hear ____ voice, _____ will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with _____.”
- The final result of the apostasy will be the great ecclesiastical _________ spoken of in Revelation ____ and ____. In Revelation 17 is mystery __________, the apostate _______________. Dr. McGee states:
- According to Dr. J. Vernon McGee, which church will become the apostate church of the great tribulation?
- Who are the apostates of the great systems of the world?
- What does the Bible call the last great religious organization that will call itself a church?
- _______ _____________ will not go through the God’s wrath. They will be ______________ out before the __________________ of God begins.
- Is tribulation the wrath of God?
- _____________ _________________ who are not _______ will be left here on this earth when authentic Christians are raptured.
- Some __________ are spiritual harlots. The last so-called church is a ___________-_____________ system, which is hated by the ____________ beast. The _________ will destroy the ___________ in order to set up his own ______________.
- True believers will be ______________ (Mt. 13.36-43; Ro. 8.18-23). The Lord will ___________ the dead in Christ: “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the _______ in Christ shall rise _________: Then we which are _________ and remain shall be caught up together with them in the __________, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord” (1 Th. 4.16-17).
- _______ ____________, according to many Bible students and scholars, will go through the great tribulation, but will not experience the __________ of God which follows.
- The alleged “______ church” doctrine was used to justify the Protestant and Catholic doctrines of universal visible and universal invisible church. This in turn was a basis for the doctrine of __________ of __________ and state, the doctrine of _____________, and will be used by the great spiritual ____________ to establish spiritual ____________ in the end times. Of course, this was never an historical ___________ doctrine because it is contrary to the teaching of the __________.
- Most ______________ are nothing more than Protestants and many fall so far that they are nothing more than “___________ in sheep’s clothing.”
- _________________ Babylon (apostate Christendom, the harlot whom many biblical scholars logically conclude will be headed up under the __________ and which will at that time condone every iniquity of the rich and will be corrupted to the core by commercialism, wealth, and luxury; the “universal church on earth”) will be destroyed by _________________ Babylon, that is by the nations; and ______________ Babylon, the nations, will be crushed by ___________ when they come against ___________ at the end of the tribulation period (See Re. 17.15-18). All this will happen because men choose to succumb to _________’s principles in order to satisfy their _________.
- Jesus proclaimed, “And I say also unto thee, That thou art ________, and upon this ______ I will build _____ church; and the gates of ________ shall not prevail against it.” Of what was Jesus speaking when he made that statement?
- On earth before the rapture, of what is the institution of the church to be made up of?
- Who laid out the doctrine of the church? Where is the doctrine of the church recorded?
- The only “churches” one sees in the Bible on earth until the marriage supper of the lamb, are _______, ____________ _____________ bodies.
- When will the true “universal church” come into existence? “But ye are come unto mount ______, and unto the ______ of the living God, the heavenly ___________, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general ____________ and __________ of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect” (He. 12:22-23). That church will come into existence at the ______________ of the Lamb: “Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the _____________ of the Lamb is come, and his _________ hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine ________, clean and ________: for the fine _________ is the ________________ of saints” (Re. 19:7-8). “And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the ________, the Lamb’s _______. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy ____________, descending out of heaven from God” (Re. 21:9-10).
- Until the universal church is established by Jesus Christ, we should listen to Jesus and Paul on this matter. Jesus said, “______________, love your _________, even as Christ also loved the _________, and gave ____________ for it; That he might ____________ and _____________ it with the washing of __________ by the word, That he might present it to himself a _____________ church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish…. For we are members of his ______, of his __________, and of his __________.” (Ep. 5:25-27, 30).
- Paul wrote, “For I am ___________ over you with godly _____________: for I have espoused you to one __________, that I may present you asa __________ virgin to Christ” (2 Co. 11:2).