According to Romans 13 and other verses, are believes and churches to obey every law of civil government? What powers (authorities) has God ordained and what are the limits of their jurisdiction? Are all lower powers (authorities) subject to the highest authority? If so, what or who is the highest power, and who are the lower powers?
The following writings cover the issue of the authority:
- Online version of Render Unto God the Things that Are His: A Systematic Study of Romans 13 and Related Verses (booklet)is updated and more complete than the PDF linked to below.
- PDF of Render Unto God the Things that Are His: A Systematic Study of Romans 13 and Related Verses (booklet)
- A Short Treatise on Romans 13 (052720)
- Romans 13 and Related Verses (020717)
- More On Romans 13.1-2: The Powers That God Has Ordained (091614)
- What Does Romans 13 Teach Regarding Man’s Obligation to Civil Government? A Bible Study (091021)