Before this page was initiated, questions were accumulated and then answered on one page. Now, important questions, comments, and inquiries are answered below as received. Click here for links to pages which address questions, comments, and inquiries about church organization starting in 2009.
- Click here for my reply to Pastor teaching on Matthew 16.18 and Ephesians 1.22 Questioned by Accountant about church non-taxable status and the First Amendment. (01142019)
- Click here for question from Christian frustrated and left church because pastor and church would not discuss or consider the truth about church corporate 501(c)(3) status. (010819)
- Click here to go to a letter drafted and sent by two church members to their pastors. The letter was to inform their pastors of the evil of corporate 501(c)(3) or 508 status.
- On November 11, 2018, I received a question concerning my posting on Facebook of links to Prophecy News Watch articles. Click here to see the question and my answer.
- Click here to see answer to e-mail requesting a sample of the Declaration of Trust on October 6, 2018.
- Click here to see the question and answer concerning whether it is biblical or non-biblical for a ministry (not a church) to have a 501c3 on September 27, 2018.
- Click here to see the question and answer concerning a domestic nonprofit corporation is the same as a 501c3 on September 26, 2018:
- Click here to go to the answer to a question regarding a lawyer’s false statements concerning church corporate 501(c)(3) status on September 22, 2018:
- Click here to see my answer to a question concerning whether tithes and offerings are tax deductible on September 22, 2018:
Question (July 6, 2018): You emphasize that salvation is based on the fact that Christ “paid the penalty for our sins.” Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance has no entry for “penalty,” nor did Jesus or the apostles ever mention that a penalty for our sins was paid. If I ask fellow Christians where to find this view in the Bible, either they don’t know the answer or they imply that I’m not saved. I pose that question to you.
Question (July 11, 2018): I read with empathy and agreement your excellent article “Jews, Gentiles, and the Church.” However, one thing you said puzzled me. It was this: “Essential also is an understanding that the church was created through offering to both Jews and Gentiles a ‘new covenant’ relationship with God.” My understanding of the “new covenant” is Jeremiah 31:31-40. This covenant is identified clearly as the New Covenant. It is a covenant addressed solely to the Nation of Israel. The church has no part in it—indeed it will not be instituted until after the close of the church age (the catching up of the church). Your statement, quoted above, seems to imply that the new covenant was offered to the church. Is that what you meant, or have I misunderstood you?
JERALD C. FINNEY
BAB, HB, BBA, JD
801 Elgin St.
Amarillo, TX 79118
Phone : (512) 785-8445