September 26, 2020
- Lyrics of “Imagine by John Lennon” and links to some performances
- Some relevant Bible verses and an insight from Patrick Henry
- Proof of the thesis of this essay, a small sampling
Imagine there’s no heaven
It’s easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there’s no countries
It isn’t hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one
I hope some day you’ll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you
You may say I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one
I hope some day you’ll join us
And the world will be as one
It’s a sign of the times on the way to the one world government/religion forecast in the Bible. Many in America and in the world, having discounted God and His Word, are wanting to reimagine the way the government solves problems such as “police brutality,” pandemics such as Covid19, etc. The establishment uses real crises, and concocts others, in order to create chaos and destroy the existing order thereby opening the door to “reimagine,” to “build back better,” to bring about the “great reset,” or – as the Bible explains – to bring in the final one world political, religious establishment.
Nothing is sacred in their warfare. Lying, cheating, stealing, and killing are all fine and dandy. They have no problem in destroying economies, attacking churches, assaulting children and adults of both sexes, looting and burning down businesses, and killing people, including old people (as did Governor Como when he put old people with Covid19 into rest homes so as to infect and kill thousands), and constantly serving a steady stream of lies to the unlearned. They operate on the national political level (the Clintons, Obama, Biden, Harris, et al.); in the establishment (Democrat) media (ABC, CNN, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Huffington Post, et al.); on the international level (the United Nations and political leaders throughout the world); in practically all government controlled public schools, universities, and colleges; and on the streets of America (Antifa, Black Lives Matter).
Witness the reaction of the typical person when he or she listens to Imagine: Queen + Paul Rodgers – Imagine (Live in Hyde Park). When God and His Word is forgotten, the song seems so reasonable to the emotions; that is, unless one gives it serious consideration, assuming that one is capable of doing so.
“Liberal,” “Marxist” politicians and others have been and are, more and more openly, using the word “reimagine” on a regular basis these days, especially when supporting the Marxist looters and criminals who are running wild in some of the liberal strongholds of America:
- “In these horrifying and divisive times, all of us — progressives and right-wingers, Karens and corona doves — need a cause around which we can unite. The question is what, though. On Wednesday, Bill de Blasio provided the answer: ‘I don’t mean to make light of this,’ the mayor of New York City said in reference to the worst rioting America has seen in my lifetime, ‘but I’m reminded of the song ‘Imagine‘ by John Lennon [Bold red emphasis mine]. We played it at my inaugura
tion. I think everyone who hears that song in its fullness thinks about a world where people got along differently.'” Quote from Matthew Walther, “‘Imagine’ is a bad, bad song,” June 4, 2020; this is an excellent article from a non-Biblical perspective showing that some people, although not familiar with the word of God, still use their common sense and listen to their God given conscience (See Romans 2:14-15).
Kamala Harris told “The View” in June of this year that “a big part of this conversation really is about reimagining how we do public safety in America, which I support,” according to the Western Journal. Quote from News American Patriot, Kamala Harris Caught Contradicting Her Own Platform In Public. [Bold red emphasis mine].
Let us go beyond our common sense and conscience and directly to the Word of God for the definitive analysis of this matter. Man, created in innocence and placed in the Garden of Eden, failed his first test under God when he ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. God judged the serpent, the woman, and the man (Genesis 3:14-19). God then drove out man, who now knew good and evil, from the Garden (Genesis 3:22-24).
“Expelled from Eden and placed under a new covenant, man was responsible to do all known good, to abstain from all known evil, and to approach God through sacrifice. Abel, a type of spiritual man, approached God through the approved offering, the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof (Genesis 4:4). His sacrifice, in which atoning blood was shed (Hebrews 9:22), was therefore at once his confession of sin and the expression of his faith in the interposition of a substitute, ultimately the seed of the woman, the Lord Jesus Christ (Hebrews 11:4).”
“But God had no respect for the offering brought by Cain, the fruit of the ground” (Genesis 4:3). “The religion of Cain, as a type of the mere man of the earth, was destitute of any adequate sense of sin, or need of atonement. Seven things are said of him:
- He worships self-will;
- is angry with God;
- refuses to bring a sin offering;
- murders his brother;
- lies to God;
- becomes a vagabond;
- is, nevertheless, the object of the divine solicitude.”
His offering being rejected by God, Cain rose up and slew his brother Abel (Genesis 4: 8). He was punished directly by God:
“And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him” (Genesis 4:13-15).
The LORD was making clear that He was giving man no authority over man. He forbade man from punishing evil doers. God himself judged Cain and made clear that only He was to take vengeance.
Within a relatively short period of time man, being controlled only by his conscience, his knowledge of good and evil, utterly failed. “And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually” (Genesis 6:5). [Bold red emphasis added]. “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it” (Jeremiah 17:9)? “The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth” (Genesis 6:11-12).
The only remedy was judgment. Man’s conscience was not sufficient to control his evil imagination. Only Noah, and his family, “found grace in the eyes of the LORD.” The judgment of the flood followed for all others.
Under Conscience, as in Innocency in the Garden of Eden, man utterly failed, and the judgment of the Flood marks the beginning of a new way of God’s dealing with man. God subjects man to a new test. Its distinctive feature is the institution, for the first time, of human government–the government of man by man. The highest function of government is the judicial taking of life. All other governmental powers are implied in that. Under the new dispensation of human government, man is responsible to govern the world for God. That responsibility rested upon the whole race, Jew and Gentile, until the failure of Israel under the Covenant God make with Israel before she went into the promised land under Joshua. See Deuteronomy 28.-30.1-10. The failure of Israel under that Covenant brought the judgment of the Captivities, when ‘the times of the Gentiles’ (See Luke 21:24; Revelation) 16:14) began, and the government of the world passed exclusively into Gentile hands. (Daniel 2:36-45; Luke 21:24; Acts 15:14-17). That both Israel and the Gentiles have governed for self, not God, is sadly apparent.”
The judgment of the confusion of tongues ended the racial testing; that of the captivities the Jewish; while the Gentile testing will end in the smiting of the Image (Da 2.) and the judgment of the nations Mt 25:31-46.
The whole earth, after the flood, was of one language and speech. In direct rebellion against God:
“[I]t came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter. And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth” (Genesis 11:2-4). This was the first attempt to establish a one-world government in direct defiance of God. Mankind, in general, has never forsaken this goal, as is very apparent in these times.
“And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech. So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth” (Genesis 11:5-9). [Bold red emphasis added].
The imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth (Genesis 8:21). This is a universal truth. With such a heart, imagination is leading mankind to the final judgments prophesied in God’s Word. There is a heaven and a hell. There is a God who is in control, who tests mankind, and who judges mankind when he fails. Mankind, except for God’s remnant, led by his evil imagination will again fail God, even in this time of God’s grace; and God will ultimately, by force, subdue the nations by force and reign for a thousand years on earth. Until then, there will be killing, religion, wars and rumors of wars, greed and hunger. Thus it will be. The answer for the individual is explained, not by the song “Imagine,” not by reimagining, but in God’s Word. See God’s Plan of Salvation.
For more study on this, do a word search for “imagination” and “imagine” in the King James Bible. Better yet, study the King James Bible from beginning to end.
Note. When an individual, a family, a nation, or a church rejects God and begins to reimagine, he always does so according to Satanic principles. For more on this, see: Lessons on Satan from the Word of God.
Some relevant Bible verses and an insight from Patrick Henry
- Psalms 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
- Psalms 11:3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
- Proverbs 14:34: “Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.”
- Proverbs 20:26: “A wise king scattereth the wicked, and bringeth the wheel over them.”
- Proverbs 29:2: “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.”
- Paul said in his sermon on Mars’ hill: “God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; … And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring” (Ac. 17.24, 26-31).
“Where are your checks in this government? Your strongholds will be in the hands of your enemies. It is on the supposition that your American governors shall be honest, that all the good qualities of this government are founded; but its defective and imperfect construction puts it in their power to perpetrate the worst of mischiefs, should they be bad men. And sir, would not all the world, from the eastern to the western hemispheres, blame our distracted folly in resting our rights upon the contingency of our rulers being good or bad? Show me that age and country where the rights and liberties of the people were placed on the sole chance of their rulers being good men, without a consequent loss of liberty.” (John Eidsmoe, Christianity and the Constitution: The Faith of Our Founding Fathers (Grand Rapids, Michigan: Baker Book House, 1987), p. 309, quoting Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratifying Debates; quoted by Tyler, Patrick Henry, p. 328.).
Proof of the thesis of this essay, a small sampling
- Portland sees record number of murders in July as city grapples with protests (080320)
- What’s Driving the Spike in Portland Gun Violence? (080520)(Answer: The evil nature of man left unchecked by civil government)
- Homicides rise across US cities amid pandemic and economic crisis (081220)
- Why are shootings on the rise in Portland? (101020)(The answer: Because Portland and Oregon officials are discarding the God’s lessons in the King James Bible by “reimagining” the way to do things)
- Murders in New York City increased by 76% in September compared to last year and shootings skyrocketed by 127%, new crime statistics reveal (100720)
- Murders and shootings are up in New York City, and it’s not just a ‘spike’, analyst says: ‘We’re in uncharted waters.” (102720)
- The rise in murders in the US, explained (120220)(See how God and His principles are left out of the equation? A Bible examination in search of the explanation is multi-faceted. God is left by the individual, the family, the church (except for a very small remnant), and, definitely, by the nation. Without God, His method of regeneration-repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ), and a knowledge, understanding, and wisdom by studying and applying God’s Word, the decline seen in America was inevitable as is the continued decline and then, the final judgment of God.)
- City Defunds Police, Violent Carjackings Rise 537% (120320)
- Minneapolis Doubles Down on Dems’ Defund the Police Madness Amid Crime Explosion (120620)
- Liberals Demand to Defund the Police as Crime Spikes (121220)
- Crime Rate Skyrockets in “Defund Police” City (Minneapolis) (121820)
- Murders Surge In “Defund Police” City (122920)
- It’s More than an Uptick in Crime, Atlanta (010320)