Copyright © March 7, 2020
The End May Be Closer Than You Think
No matter the state of affairs in a nation and the churches of a nation, it is a time of rejoicing for the remnant of individuals and churches who have repented toward God, put their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and continued in His word. This is true even though:
- The Bible doctrine of government makes clear that God has judged, is judging, or will judge every nation.[i] Every nation includes America.
- The Bible doctrine of the church reveals that churches, except for a remnant, will go into apostasy and the Babylonian religious system.[ii]
- Bible teachings concerning the relationship of church and state make clear that churches are to remain totally under the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ; not to combine with state in any manner including incorporation, tax exempt status, or any other kind of status established by man’s law.[iii] Some churches who have violated this principle are practicing heresy to one degree or another; but have not gone into apostasy. However, many or most “churches” are now apostate and part of the Babylonian religious system.
America is a moral cesspool which is becoming more contaminated by the day. God judges a nation for moral decadence.[iv] He also judges a nation based upon the way a nation treats Israel. America, like all nations, is on probation, and she has violated the terms of her probation. America has not yet completely turned her back on Israel. She, for the most part, has turned her back on God, and embraced the god of this world and his anti-God moral and spiritual principles. Of course, a remnant remains true to God.
Any Bible believer who has studied the Word of God and who has viewed the downward moral slide of America, especially since the 1960s, should know this. The rapid moral degeneration in America is glaringly evident in matters regarding individual, family, civil, and, most notably, church governments. With the help of apostate religious leaders, the secular media, social media, universities, public schools, the United States Supreme Court, an ever growing number of state and federal representatives, senators, bureaucrats, government employees, government agencies universities, sports teams and organizations, etc. are now promoting gross immorality and censoring and seeking to punish anyone who as much as hints at God’s truths.
The United States Supreme Court did two things which ultimately resulted in the assurance that God and His principles would not in any way be over the United States or any state therein. First, it gradually deconstructed the intent of the Fourteenth Amendment to the point where the Court began to apply the First Amendment to state, county, and city governments.
Second, the Supreme Court redefined separation of church and state in such a way that allowed the Court to begin to separate God and state on the national, state, county, and city government levels. For the history of Supreme Court cases which have removed God from practically all civil government matters, see, The Supreme Court Reinterprets the First Amendment and Removes God.
The Court has defied God in some recent notable cases which include:
- Striking down laws which criminalize the murder of unborn babies. Roe v. Wade, 410 US 113, 93 S. Ct. 705, 35 L. Ed. 2d 147 (1973)
- Striking down laws which criminalize sodomy. Lawrence v. Texas, 539 US 558, 123 S. Ct. 2472, 156 L. Ed. 2d 508 (2003).
- Allegedly redefining marriage. OBERGEFELL ET AL. v. HODGES, DIRECTOR, OHIO DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH, ET AL (June 26, 2015). See, The Proper Response by believers and churches to Obergefell, the United States Supreme Court same sex marriage decision (063015); The Republican Response to Obergefell – Wrong!!!!!! (070715).
Abortion, the murder of unborn babies, and the legitimization of homosexuality and lesbianism, among other things, attack God’s first and basic institution, the institution of marriage and the family. In reality, no earthly court can redefine what God defines in His Word. Marriage is still the union of one man and one woman, no matter what any earthly power declares. The Supreme Court has encouraged sins which are an abomination to God, thereby accelerating the downward moral decline of America.
As shown in a recently published article, In Congress, an Assault on Religious Liberty, in the Name of LGBT Rights,[v] the forces of Satan are becoming bolder in their attacks on God and His principles. That article points out the coordinated satanic attacks by leaders in civil government and many “churches.” False prophets from “churches” are joining hands with leaders in civil government to advance the morality promoted by Satan more blatantly than ever before. The evil progression is accelerating at an ever increasing rate.
Thank God for President Trump. He is the best president American could hope to have at this time. He is doing some good things. He is also doing and saying some bad things, when examined from God’s perspective, as stated in His word. He is giving America a reprieve; a delay in punishment. His efforts are not only too little, too late; they are also, in some cases, not according to Bible knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.
A close look at President Trump reveals that he is either lost or a baby Christian. Those he depends upon for spiritual advice are lacking in Bible understanding. He is prayed for, supported, and misled not only by some sincere, but uninformed believers, but also by false prophets. A false prophet is anyone who, without having it, claims a special connection to God and sets himself up as a source of spirituality, as an authority, preacher, or teacher.
How can one know a false prophet? The word of God gives the answer:
- “But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him” (Deuteronomy 18:20-22). [Bold emphasis added]. Of course, even though the mandate that the false prophet would die was applied in the theocracy of Israel and does not apply to false prophets today, the principle that he is not a prophet of God is still in effect.
One prophecy that fails to come about means the prophet is not from God. God knows everything, past, present and future; He makes no mistakes. If a prophet says God told him that something would happen at a time certain, and it does not come to pass, or does not happen at the time prophesied, the prophet is a false prophet. Many times such a prophet may make prophecies which come true, but also prophecies which are not totally accurate; but it only takes one false or inaccurate prophecy to reveal that the prophet is not of God. False prophets, as a general rule, make more than one false and/or defective prophesy.
In conclusion, those individual children of God and churches who remain true to the Lord have no cause for alarm. Children of God are “heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together” (Romans 8:17). God’s word reveals that the Lord Jesus Christ, the smiting stone, will come again; and, by force, subdue and rule over the nations for a thousand years.[vi] That time will be followed by eternal glory for the believer, and eternal torment for the lost person. Every individual has a choice which will determine his eternal destination.[vii] God will honor the choice of every person. Please, dear sinner, do not let pride, gay or otherwise, keep you from repenting toward God and putting your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.[viii]
[i] See, e.g., Psalms 2, Jeremiah 25:15-38, and for a more thorough study, go to The Bible Doctrine of Government.
[ii] See, The Bible Doctrine of the Church.
[iii] See, The Bible Doctrine Concerning the Relationship Between Church and State.
[iv] See, e.g., Leviticus 18; Romans 1:18-32 gives the steps in the downfall of a Gentile nation. See also, GENTILE, GENTILE NATIONS, TIMES OF THE GENTILES; God Judges Nations; Government, Biblical Teaching on.
[v] John Hirschauer, In Congress, an Assault on Religious Liberty, in the Name of LGBT Rights, March 5, 2020.
[vi] See, Bible Studies on Jesus Christ, page 16.
[vii] See, God’s Plan of Salvation.
[viii] See, From Queer to Christ.