The Churches under Christ Ministry: Helping churches organize according to the principles of the New Testament
Looking for a church under Christ alone? See:
Charity Baptist Tabernacle of Amarillo TX Facebook page.
- Study Lessons: ChurchBible (Common Law) Trust
- The Churches under Christ Ministry Is a Legacy of Dr. Greg Dixon
- Ministry Newsletters and Announcement
- Need Help?
* Initial Letter
** Initial Letters to Pastors Interested in Organizing Under Christ Alone)
* Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
* Questionnaire 1
* Questionnaire 2
* Documents Which Establish a Church under Christ Alone
- Miscelanneous Matters Concerning the Love Relationship between Christ and His Churches (The Bible Trust Relationship)
* Christ and His Local Visible Churches: A Love Story
* One Church under God
* Common Law Bible Trust Explained: Resources
* Bible Basics: The Trust Relationship of Churches under Christ
* Questions and Answers on Various Topics (Starting 070118)
* Questions and Answers on Variouys Topics (Before 070118)
- Analysis of False Reasons of Christians and Lawyers for Church Corporate, 501(c)(3) Status or Legal Status of Any Kind
PowerPoint – Basics:
Once you download a PowerPoint and display it, remember to click the “Slide Show” icon in the lower right. You must do this to view the whole slide show. However, when you do that, you will not be able to see the notes at the bottom which appear on the screen before clicking the “Slide Show” icon. To go back to the first view, right click anywhere on the screen, and then click “End Show.”
The Basics of the Bible Principle of Trust in Church Organization
Explanation of “Trust,” as opposed to “Business Trust,” “Charitable Trust,” and other kinds of trusts. How can you know who to trust for the truth about these matters? How can you know if what is presented here is the truth? Etc.
Click here to go to PDF of comments which help explain the PowerPoint directly above. The presenter also stated other things, but these notes cover the most important matters.
The Only Way a Church Can Organize to Remain a New Testament Church (Holding Property in Trust for God Is a Scriptural Principle Churches Should Honor)
referred to in the above presentation.
The Question that Changed My Life
by David Ryser
“A number of years ago, I had the privilege of teaching at a school of ministry. My students were hungry for God, and I was constantly searching for ways to challenge them to fall more in love with Jesus and to become voices for revival in the Church. I came across a quote attributed most often to Rev. Sam Pascoe. It is a short version of the history of Christianity, and it goes like this:
“‘Christianity started in Palestine as a fellowship; it moved to Greece and became a philosophy; it moved to Italy and became an institution; it moved to Europe and became a culture; it came to America and became an enterprise.’
“Some of the students were only 18 or 19 years old–barely out of diapers–and I wanted them to understand and appreciate the import of the last line, so I clarified it by adding, ‘An enterprise. That’s a business.’ After a few moments Martha, the youngest student in the class, raised her hand. I could not imagine what her question might be. I thought the little vignette was self-explanatory, and that I had performed it brilliantly. Nevertheless, I acknowledged Martha’s raised hand, ‘Yes, Martha.’ She asked such a simple question, ‘A business? But isn’t it supposed to be a body?’ I could not envision where this line of questioning was going, and the only response I could think of was, ‘Yes.’ She continued, ‘But when a body becomes a business, isn’t that a prostitute?’ …”
Click “THE QUESTION that CHANGED MY LIFE” to read the remainder of the article.
1 John 4:9: “In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.”
Matthew 16:18: “And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”
Ephesians 1:22: “And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church.”
Ephesians 5:25: “Christ loved the church and gave himself for it.”
The above verses and others raise important questions. An assembly of people who call themselves a church, a worldly organization such as an incorporated 501(c)(3) church, etc. are indeed churches or assemblies; but, in light of the above verses studied in context: “Are such churches under Christ in all things? Are they built by Christ and his principles? Are they churches of Christ?”
This website is a valuable resource for those believers and churches who not only understand, or want to understand, the Bible doctrine of the New Testament church but also want to please the Lord and glorify God by applying that doctrine in the organization of the local visible assembly. This website will give a Bible believer all the information he needs to know to please the Lord and Glorify Him by organizing a church according to the Lord’s New Testament principles, a church under Christ, a church of Christ.
Oh how He loves us. Cannot we at least obey and serve the One who stepped down from heaven to save individuals, and loved the church and gave Himself for it?
Lecture entitled “Hierarchy of Law” by Attorney Jerald Finney on August 26, 2012 at Old Paths Baptist Church in Fayetville, Tennessee on the 16th anniversary of that church and also the day the church finalized their change from incorporated 501(c)(3) religious organization and legal entity to a non-legal, spiritual enity only.
For more audio resources go to: Audio and Video Teachings by Jerald Finney.
Resources herein include essays, books, interviews, radio broadcasts, sermons, articles, etc. relating to the issues involving church, state, and the relationship of church and state. These resources will educate the believer who wants to understand the theology (true theology in the word of God), history, law, etc. concerning the preeminent doctrines of church, state, and separation of church and state (as opposed to separation of God and state).
Unlike believers and churches in many countries such as China, Afghanistan, Iran, North Korea, Columbia, and many other nations, American churches and Christians can please not only the Highest Authority by complying with His New Testament principles for church organization and also civil government law as well. A church can choose to be under God only while protected by man’s highest law, the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and corresponding state constitutional provisions, and without persecution. Man’s highest laws regarding religion in America correspond to God’s New Testament laws regarding the organization of His churches.
The highest American law, in accord with Bible principle, protects churches who choose to do things God’s way by remaining under Christ Jesus only, who choose not to become legal entities such as corporations, unincorporated associations, charitable trusts, corporations sole, or 501(c)(3) tax exempt organizations.
While operating solely under God, churches can still use all properties (real estate, vehicles, etc.) that a church organized as a legal entity utilizes. While so doing they will not deny the power of God; they will not grieve God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost by putting themselves under another authority; they will still be free to follow all God’s directives for the organization, position, relationships, privileges, and duties of the church; they may preach on abortion, marriage, politicians, politics or on any subject they desire without any governmental oversight or interference.
That said, Christians should have the highest of integrity. They should be ideal citizens. God, the Highest Authority, has laid out, in His Word, principles for and the jurisdictions of individuals, families, churches and civil government. Should a Christian or Christians commit a crime or tort, God gives civil government jurisdiction to deal with the offender. God’s children and churches are not law breakers; they are law keepers. They obey the highest law first and man’s law second. By so doing, they are ideal citizens of both heaven and earth.
May the Lord bless you and the church you are a member of as you seek to glorify Him in these and all matters.
Doing God’s Work God’s Way: A Bible Call To Preach Outside The Typical American Church Explained (050919)
The Shameful Social Gospel
See also chapters 4-9 on apostasy at
The Bible doctrine of the church.
Click here to go to Articles, Essays, and Other Resources Related to the Doctrine of the Church, Incorporation, 501c3, Etc.
Click here to go to a concise teaching on the meaning of church corporate, 501c3 or 508 status, organization as a trust, false reasons given by pastors and other men of God for church incorporation, etc. Separation of Church and State/God’s Churches: Spiritual or Legal Entities?
- END TIME CHURCH: The Great Falling Away || David Wilkerson & Paul Washer (The Great Falling Away, we are definitely witnessing bible prophesy being unfolded and fulfilled right before our eyes. Beware of the false pastors, prophets, apostles, and or spiritual masters of this age. The Bible clearly states they will come like ravenous wolves deceiving the sheep after their own lusts and desires. For more on the unfolding apostasy, go to The Biblical Doctrine of the Church.)
- We Have Underestimated Satan: A Urgent Warning To All Churches of This Earth (Great sermon dealing with spirit of drunkenness, barking like dogs, holy laughter, baptism of fire, church growth churches, etc. all from Satan.)
- A Call to Anguish
- Doing God’s Work God’s Way: A Bible Call To Preach Outside The Typical American Church Explained (051915)
- David Wilkerson- Last Days Deception. If Your Church Is Not Preaching All The Bible & Repentance Run
- Satan’s Top 10 World’s Largest Churches! Who??? | Dr. Kim
- The Rose of Sharon (Transcript of a sermon depicting the love relationship between Christ and His local visible church, emphasizing the importance of organization under Christ only as opposed to corporate 501c3 or 508 status or legal status of any kind.
- TOP FOUR DEMON PASTORS. Who??? | Dr. Kim (I deal with Rick Warren & other demon pastors in the above chapters of God Betrayed.)
- Top 10 Women DEVIL Pastors! Who??? | Dr. Kim
JERALD C. FINNEY
BAB, HB, BBA, JD
801 Elgin St.
Amarillo, TX 79118
Phone : (512) 785-8445